- Nourish your leather products with neutral cream every so often to help maintain their natural oils.
- Store all leather goods away from direct sunlight to prevent the colour from fading.
- Use a dust bag to protect the leather against scratches while storing.
- Keep leather away from extreme heat as it can dry out the natural oils.
- Take immediate action if leather gets wet. Wipe it with a soft cloth, pack the inside with paper to absorb any further wetness and leave it to dry naturally.
- Remember that leather is a natural material, so it is to be expected that minor variations in colour and even small imperfections may be visible on the surface.
- Do not overfill leather bags as they can lose their shape.
- Avoid spraying perfume near leather as it can affect the colour.
- Do not to store light-coloured leather next to a dark coloured leather as the darker shade could 'migrate' or rub off and cause irreversible damage.
- Wipe away surface dirt with a damp cloth or with trichloroethylene if resistant (try first on a hidden part of the bag). Do not use abrasive or solvent cleaners as they will damage the leather.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for ALL brands leather bag repair & restoration.
Include type of bag, what type of work needs to be done; stitching, straps, zipper, hardware, lining etc and we can quote for repair etc and images.
We can come back to you with a quote for repair and delivery back to you.